Youth Academy Program Evaluations (Fall 2019-Spring 2020)
Girls/Boys Born in 2012 & 2013
The Great Neck Soccer Club, one of Long Island’s premier soccer programs, has been showcasing competitive boys and girls travel soccer teams since 2000. Starting the week of June 10th, the Club will be holding evaluations for our Fall 2019/Spring 2020 Boys and Girls Youth Academy Program.
YOUTH ACADEMY PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Birth Years that are eligible for the Fall 2019/Spring 2020 Boys and Girls Youth Academy Program are as follows:
- Boys born in either 2012 or 2013.
- Girls born in either 2012 or 2013.
If you son/daughter was born before 2012 please check out our Travel Program at gnsoccer.com/Site/Travel.
Eligible boys and girls MUST MAKE AT LEAST TWO EVALUATION SESSIONS to be considered for the program (3 sessions are preferable). Below are the evaluation session options:
- Wednesday, June 12th: 5:00pm to 6:15pm
@ Allenwood Park (130 Allenwood Road, Great Neck)
- Monday, June 17th: 5:00pm to 6:15pm
@ Allenwood Park (130 Allenwood Road, Great Neck)
- Wednesday, June 19th: 5:00pm to 6:30pm
@ Great Neck North Middle School Pit/Baseball Field (54 Polo Road, Great Neck). The field is located on the Northwest corner of Polo Road and Beach Road behind the baseball and football fields. Please use the parking lots on the Northwest and Southwest corner of Polo and Beach Road.
ALL DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Any player who wishes to be evaluated must be registered on or before June 9, 2019 in order to participate in the evaluations. All registration must be done online by clicking on the REGISTER TODAY banner above, entering the requested information, and paying the $20 registration fee.
Your child must bring the following with him/her in order to participate in the evaluations:
- A copy of his/her Birth Certificate or passport (to be used as proof of Birth Year).
- Soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer socks, and a size #4 soccer ball.
- Plenty of water.
- A big smile and lots of energy!
All Youth Academy teams must have at least (2) volunteer team managers, whose primary responsibility will be to act as the team’s liaisons for registration, practice schedules, game coverage, etc. No team will be allowed to register for the season without at least (2) volunteers.
The Club seeks to provide a healthy environment for any child in the community demonstrating the ability, interest and commitment to developing their soccer skills. The evaluation format for the creation of all Youth Academy teams is created and run by professional soccer trainers. All players will be ranked based on their ability, attitude and coach-ability. Upon completion of this process, a team roster will be formed comprising the highest ranked players. Team rosters will be set based on a maximum and minimum number of players as follows: 12 players maximum and 9 players minimum for each team.
Players will be notified by the Club, NO LATER than June 23rd, regarding their status for a Youth Academy team roster spot.
YOUTH ACADEMY PROGRAM COMMITMENTS
The final makeup of the team will rest with each individual family’s willingness to commit to full participation in the program as outlined below:
Summer Training Camp Participation
- Training Camp - All players must attend the Club’s (3) day summer training camp, which will take place the week of August 26th. All training camp activities will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team.
Fall 2019 Season Participation
- Practices - All players will participate in (2) weekly 75-minute practices, which will be held the week after Labor Day and continue through mid-November. All practices will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team.
- Games – All players will participate in at least (6) games. All games will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team. Games will begin in early-September, continue through mid-November, and will be played on either Saturdays or Sundays. All players are required to arrive 45 minutes prior to all games for an adequate warm-up session and are responsible for their own transportation (carpooling is common).
Spring 2020 Season Participation
- Practices - All players will participate in (2) weekly 75-minute training session, which will be held in mid-March, and will continue through mid-June. All practices will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team.
- Games - All players will participate in at least (6) games. All games will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team. Games begin in mid-March and continue through mid-June.
4v4 GAME FORMAT
In order to comply with US Soccer Player Development Initiatives, GNSC Youth Academy games for our 2012 and 2013 birth year players will follow the US Soccer Player Development Initiatives 4v4 development platform as follows:
- Small sided play (no goal keepers)
- 4 (10) Minute periods to allow ample coaching opportunities
YOUTH ACADEMY PROGRAM COSTS
The cost of participation in the Youth Academy Program is completely dependent on the number of players registered. Based on experience the cost per player typically runs between $800 and $1,000 for the Fall and Spring season and covers the team’s Professional Trainer, the team’s League Fees, the team’s Insurance Costs, the Team’s Field use, etc. While funding is provided solely through participating families, no child will be refused entry to the program for reasons of need. Payment schedules as well as financial support is available.
For more information on the Club’s Youth Academy Program please contact our Director of Coaching, Mike Mordocco at firstname.lastname@example.org.