Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 Pre-Travel Team Evaluations
Girls/Boys Born in 2011 & 2012
The Great Neck Soccer Club, one of Long Island’s premier soccer programs, has been showcasing competitive boys and girls travel soccer teams since 2000. Starting the week of June 4th, the Club will be holding evaluations for our Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Boys and Girls Pre-Travel Soccer Teams.
PRE-TRAVEL TEAM ELIGIBILITY
Teams are broken up by age group (ex: U8), which are based on a player’s birth year (ex: 2011, 2012, etc.). Birth Years that are eligible for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Boys and Girls pre-travel soccer season are as follows:
- Boys born in either 2011 or 2012.
- Girls born in either 2011 or 2012.
Eligible players MUST MAKE AT LEAST TWO EVALUATION SESSIONS to be considered for a team (3 sessions is preferable). Below are the evaluation session options for our Girls’ Teams and Boys’ Teams.
- Thursday, June 7th: 6:00pm to 7:30pm @ Great Neck North Middle School Baseball Field (54 Polo Road, Great Neck, NY)
- Tuesday, June 12th: 6:00pm to 7:30pm @ Great Neck North Middle School Baseball Field (54 Polo Road, Great Neck, NY)
- Thursday, June 14th: 6:00pm to 7:30pm @ Great Neck North Middle School Baseball Field (54 Polo Road, Great Neck, NY)
NOTE: The parking lot for the field is on the corner of Polo Road and Beach Road. The section of the field we use for the evaluations is on the west end of the field just past the football and baseball fields.
Any player who wishes to be evaluated must be registered on or before June 1, 2018 in order to participate in the evaluations. All registration must be done online by clicking on the REGISTER TODAY banner above, entering the requested information, and paying the $20 registration fee.
Your child must bring the following with him/her in order to participate in the evaluations:
- A copy of his/her Birth Certificate or passport (to be used as proof of Birth Year).
- Soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer socks, and a size #4 soccer ball.
- Enough to drink for 1.5 hours.
- A big smile and lots of energy!
All teams must have at least (2) volunteer team managers, whose primary responsibility will be to act as the team’s liaisons for registration, practice schedules, game coverage, etc. No team will be allowed to register for the season without at least (2) volunteers.
The Club seeks to provide a healthy environment for any child in the community demonstrating the ability, interest and commitment to developing their soccer skills. The evaluation format for the creation of all Club teams is created and run by professional soccer trainers. All players will be ranked based on their ability, attitude and coach-ability. Upon completion of this process, a team roster will be formed comprising the highest ranked players. Team rosters will be set based on a maximum and minimum number of players as follows: 12 players maximum and 9 players minimum for each U8 Pre-Travel Team.
Players will be notified by the Club, NO LATER than June 18th, regarding their status for a team roster spot.
PRE-TRAVEL TEAM PROGRAM COMMITMENT
The final makeup of the team will rest with each individual family’s willingness to commit to full participation in the program as outlined below:
Summer Training Camp Participation
- Training Camp - All players must attend the Club’s (3) day summer training camp, which will take place the week of August 27th. All training camp activities will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team.
Fall 2018 Season Participation
- Practices - All players will participate in (2) weekly 75-minute practices, which will be held the week after Labor Day and continue through mid-November. All practices will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team.
- Games – All players will participate in at least (8) games. All games will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team. Games will begin in early-September, continue through mid-November, and will be played on either Saturdays or Sundays. All players are required to arrive 45 minutes prior to all games for an adequate warm-up session, and are responsible for their own transportation (carpooling is common).
Spring 2019 Season Participation
- Practices - All players will participate in (2) weekly 75-minute training session, which will be held in mid-March, and will continue through mid-June. All practices will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team.
- Games - All players will participate in at least (8) games. All games will be run by the Professional Trainer assigned to each team. Games begin in mid-March and continue through mid-June.
NEW 4v4 GAME FORMAT
In order to comply with US Soccer Player Development Initiatives, the Great Neck Soccer Club is pleased to announce the introduction of a new 4v4 development platform for our Pre-Travel Teams. Key features of the 4v4 platform are as follows:
- Small sided play (no goal keepers)
- 4 (10) Minute periods to allow ample coaching opportunities
- Limited travel (Nassau based groupings)
- 6 weekend games + 2 League Sponsored Festivals weekends
PRE-TRAVEL TEAM PLAYER COSTS
The cost of participation in the Pre-Travel Program is completely dependent on the number of players registered for a given team. Based on experience the cost per player typically runs between $900 and $1,200 and covers the team’s Professional Trainer, the team’s League Fees, the team’s Insurance Costs, the Team’s Field use, etc. While funding is provided solely through participating families, no child will be refused entry to the program for reasons of need. Payment schedules as well as financial support is available.
If you have any questions regarding the evaluations please email: firstname.lastname@example.org